What Does It Mean To Be Saved
You cannot be saved until you first confess (agree with God) that you are a sinner, lost, on your way to hell, and you are in need of a Savior.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Salvation takes place the very moment that you accept or embrace Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, totally trusting in the complete and finished work of Jesus, receiving His Life, Death, Burial and Glorious Resurrection as full payment for your past, present, and future sins. Romans 10:9-10
It’s not His will that anyone should perish. What does it mean to saved? It means:
- To be forgiven of your sins
- To be justified by God through faith in Jesus (declared righteous, not guilty)
- To receive the free gift of eternal life offered to us through Jesus Christ
- To experience the new birth (ye must be born again, become a child of God)
- To have a personal, intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus
- To be delivered the from penalty of sin (which is death, eternal separation from God)
- To receive the finished work of Jesus
- To be taken out the kingdom of darkness and put into the kingdom of His light
- To have a hope that goes beyond the grave, ( because He lives, I too will live with Him for all eternity)
- There are so many precious promises and benefits
that comes with being saved, being delivered, being a child of God! To God be the glory for the great and marvelous things He has done!
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
You must receive Him in order to become a child of God and go to Heaven after you die. Jesus made the way. There is no other way. There are no exceptions.